Project Working Groups have been engaged to help inform the planning process. Working groups will provide input during each phase of the project, and comment on draft project deliverables. Working group members represent a diverse group of city and state leadership, agency leadership, conservation leadership, community leadership, programming partners, and site user groups.
Three categories of Working Groups have been established:
- The Access, Transportation, and Connectivity working group includes representatives from Chicago Park District, CDOT, SETF, Metra, Openlands, IDNR, CMAP, Active Transportation Alliance, Metropolitan Planning Council, the City of Chicago, CTA, and others.
- The Recreation, Community, and Commerce working group includes representatives from Chicago Park District, Millennium Reserve Steering Committee, Metropolitan Planning Council, City of Chicago’s 10th Ward, Friends of the Parks, Friends of Big Marsh, REI, Southeast Environmental Task Force, Calumet Area Industrial Commission, Illinois International Port District, Field Museum, National Park Service, Forest Preserves of Cook County, and others.
- The Nature and Environment working group includes representatives from Chicago Park District, USEPA, Metropolitan Planning Council, IDNR, Southeast Environmental Task Froce, US Fish and Wildlife Service, The Wetlands Initiative, The Nature Conservancy, Urban Wildlife Institute, and others.
June 2016 Working Group Meetings
- June 14th – Transportation, Access, and Connectivity
- June 15th – Recreation, Community, and Commerce
- June 17th – Nature and Environment
- June 22nd – Executive Committee
Check back to review summaries from each working group meeting.